Tuesday 12 May 2015

[Write] To the Woman Who Shape My Life

First and foremost, Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies out there who dedicated their lives in bringing up your children and tried to give your very best to them. Without your constant attention, and hard work, we won't have what we had today.


+


Dear Mother, 

23 years ago, on this very day, you gone through your difficult first labour and brought me to this world. That difficult labour leaves you to a permanent scar on your belly and of course, marks your very first Mother's Day.

The constant joke I always thrown to you when it comes to Mother's Day, how I am your biggest present because without me, there won't be any Mother's Day for you. Well, deep inside I will always remind myself that I need to be better and that instead of having a peaceful day 23 years ago, you are admitted in the hospital and going through so much pain to bring me here.

This is the thank you note for such an amazing woman in my life. Thank you for putting up with me and my bad temper all these while. Your unbelievable talent in cooking that made us all salivating and stuffed them up in our tummy. How you manage to be patience and be more than just a mother to us. Sometimes your childish behaviour that sends us all laughing like there is no tomorrow.

I am not an easy daughter to begin with. My stubbornness and my easy temper can sometimes be a nightmare. Thank you mum for tolerating with me on this, knowing how to work around with me on that. I am grateful to have you as my mom, supporting me and giving me advices when I need one. I still remember how you cry with me when I had my heart broken, laugh with me when we are sharing funny stories, and support me when I faced difficulties. 

We may have clashes in thoughts and opinions but no matter how, the love we share will always be the same. I am not that expressive when with my family and I apologised for it. I just hope that no matter how, deep down I still love you till the end. On this Mother's Day, I did not managed to spend much time with you and again, I'm sorry for that. For all the harsh things that came out from my mouth to the tough time I gave you, I regret for my action. 

To think about it, many of my behaviours and attitudes came from this lady's hard work. How she shape me to be who I am today. I may not be able to became the feminine lady she expect me to be, but hey, I learnt how to show respect, be an adult, my patience and be thankful from her. She plays a huge role in who I am today. We do sometimes argued on things but that kind of argument teaches us more about each other. 

On this Mother's Day, I would want to apologise for everything wrong I did and how much I cherish everything you did to me.

And to my dearest mother, Happy Mother's Day. 


Your daughter, aka your Mother's Day present XD

No comments:

Post a Comment